Monday, February 24, 2014

NYFW: Channeling Mary-Kate & Ashlee






This was my 2nd look while running around during fashion week.  I decided to channel 1 well-- 2 of my fashion icon idles with this look.  I love the twins can pull off oversized, shapeless frocks and make them look effortless.  Oversize, shapeless and sexy should not go into the same sentence until ME! Cover it all up and and let it all out at the same time.. 
This sweater I snagged from a indie designer- Davon Kane in Baltimore at a Townson State University fashion show, it is a "one of a kind" and one of favorite pieces. Love the surprise factor in the back!
The event- I was invited to this crazy combo event by Lisa Ajello of Eye Media PR, it was a party/fashion show/shopping/performance event held at the Griffin in the meatpacking district (NYC). There was artwork hanging, people performing, crazy off the wall fashion shows and indie designers offering up scrumptious goods. I had a blast mingling with NYFW's underground crawlers.

Skirt: msc
Shoes: Bakers
Rings: Aldo & Jewelmint
Bag: RyVampd
My doll baby Lisa Ajello of Eye Media PR


Fellow Jersey Cityites- The Big Hair Girls are know for much more than there over the top hair and fashion they are also Lizzy and Venus are also singers, songwriters and producers. I always enjoy there sprinkles of unicorn dust! @bighairgirls


Miss @barbiebeach_ showing off her harajuku inspired locks


@arvonb and friend working it out for the gents! Luv the black scarf and collar chain!


@unperf and @sophiesparx head wraps and nose rings oh yes!
@unperf 's little anime on her shirt #supercute


Longtime bestie and celebrity hair stylist @koolhair swung threw to hang out



They were showcasing some artwork by photographer Josef Jasso. His work is crazy awesome,
I took some time to visit his site, what I love is his subjects are your everyday run of the mill models.
He def puts a colorful spin on his fashion photography. www.josefjasso.com

Unfortunately my piece of shit camera was acting crazy so I did not get any photos of any of the shows.  But @clashbydash turnt it up and turnt it out!

xoxo
Wickett

No comments:

Post a Comment